Friday, July 14, 2006

Donuts from Heaven

Yah, yah, I know - I haven't posted for over a month. I don't have a good reason; how's that?!

Anyway, we're on our annual vacation down in Southern Maryland, which we do for the first two weeks of every July since I've known hubby. Lots of fun stuff - kayaking, swimming (but NOT in the Chesapeake Bay. Due to the very dry spring, they are the worst I've ever seen; huge, and there a bazillion of them. Yuck), reading lots of books, practicing, making homemade ice cream, and letting the kids be kids. But dial-up Internet access. Boy, how I miss my cable at home.

So, we thought that tonight we'd do something special and take the kids for ice cream. However, apparently people in Calvert County just don't go to ice cream parlors - none exist. We were told, though, of a new Baskin Robbins fairly near here, so we headed down to check it out. Turns out, the Dunkin Donuts/Baskins Robbins store isn't actually open today - tomorrow is the grand opening. BUT, they were doing a thing all day today where they were 'practicing', and were GIVING away the ice cream and donuts. By the time we got there at 8:30 pm, the ice cream part was closed, but the GAVE us a dozen donuts, about a half dozen muffins, and some bagels. There is a God, and he likes donuts, apparently.

Diet? What diet? Free donuts contain absolutely no calories, as anyone who has ever watched the caloric intake knows. ;)

2 comments:

karin said...

Ha! Goos to have you back again ... I so understand how time just passes on by!

Love giveaways expecially when it has something to do with FOOD! :O)

Love this story , and yes, you're right, NO calories in donuts!

Natalie said...

LOL, Laura! I'd have to agree about the non-caloric nature of free donuts. :) What a fun story!