Monday, November 05, 2007

Indian Food

Normally, I'm not a real adventurous eater. I'm not picky, but I don't eat "weird" things. Well, I had a gastronomic adventure yesterday evening. After the Robert Dick Recital, a few of us took him to dinner, and the restaurant of choice was a vegetarian Indian place called Udupi Palace. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised! Lots of things on the menu that I would consider yummy; I had trouble choosing! I finally settled on Dal Makhani, which is lentils cooked overnight on a slow fire with herbs (and curry). It comes with rice that you put it over, and a mild yogurt sauce to drip on top. It was soooo good! Everyone got something different, and all enjoyed their meal. If it wasn't so far away, I'd take the family. But maybe now I'll try to find an Indian restaurant near me. Yum.

1 comment:

karin said...

Laura! so good to see you here again! your flute adventures sound wonderful, and I so wish we lived closer (my little k-gal wants to play the flute that I played as a kid, and dreams of listening to flutists :)

your INdian food adventure sounds fantastic! I love new and exciting foodie adventures, personally ... Indian is among a favorite of mine! :O)