Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Last First Day

Hello, remember me? After a long period of brain dry-rot, I'm back. And this time, I hope for good. My goal(s) for the new school year:

1. Blog every day, even though I know there are about 2 people that MIGHT read it. Oh, and be witty, creative, full of deep meaning, and poetic all the time.
2. Get up at 6:15 every weekday morning to see E off to school, exercise (!), and get showered/dressed before little ones get up, so that I can get to 'work' sooner in the day.
3. Don't set more goals than I can handle.

As for the title of this post, tomorrow is E's LAST FIRST DAY of school. He's a high school senior this year. This little factoid occurred to me while driving home from the bridal show I played at this afternoon. Put in that context, it really makes me sad. E could care less - 'whatever Mom'. He just wants to be done with school forever.... and ever. But how did my first baby get to be a SENIOR?! Graduation, portraits, all that stuff? Did I mention that I am simply NOT old enough to have a kid that's a senior in high school. Uh-uh. No way.

SPEAKING of bridal shows......oh Lordy, why did they invent such a thing?! Thousands of bridezillas-to-be (often with mom in tow) roaming the aisles looking at cakes, invites, dj's, tuxes, mortgage companies (?!), and of course classical musicians that are playing the Pachelbel Canon over.... and over.... and over..... and over.... and over. Yes, it is a pretty piece of music, but WHY does every bride in this nation have to have it played at her wedding? Come on girls, be creative, and do your wedding musicians a favor.

2 comments:

karin said...

yay! You're back .... am I one of "the two" that will read this? :O)

Sorry about the last frist day. Gosh, what a concept. And for a 25 year old to have a senior in high school, boy that is amazing! ;-p

Love the golas you have set, they sure seem reasonable, and attainable. Blogging everyday is an accomplishment, and also a commitment, for sure. I am still working on it.

witty? well, I try. :O)

Glad to have you back!

Angela said...

Goals - yeah, I have those, too! :o) I hope you can do better blogging than I am!

When I am "on schedule" I get up with dh at 5, get him out the door by 5:30, exercise, shower and get dressed before Dylan arrives at 7:30 and the kids get up for breakfast.

Sheesh. No wonder I'm snoozing by 10!