Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Warning to All Drivers

My teenager, E, got his learner's permit yesterday. Oy. It only took 4 1/2 hours at MVA to do so. Frankly both hubby and I were amazed that he passed the knowledge test on the first try. Test-taking has never been one of E's strong-points. But I suppose if it really, really matters to him, he'll study.

So of course he wanted to drive home from MVA. I was like, "are you joking?!" He, like legions of teenagers before him (including, probably, his mother), thinks he's perfectly capable of driving anywhere he wants now. The idea of gradually working into it doesn't appeal to him at all. I have no problem letting him drive around the local streets, after some practice on how to work the car, but jeesh, take it easy bud.

I am so not ready for this.

4 comments:

Francine said...

Congrats, E! :D

karin said...

Congrats, E! and oh, my condolences, mom! ;O)

ACK! To that whole time of life FAST approaching, I tell ya ....

{sigh}

Angela said...

Karin said it best - congrats and condolences! My husband's cousin is at that age too, well, actually a bit older, but going to get her license this week - and she has had very little experience (and one wreck already) driving. Ahh the gray hairs that will appear.... ;)

Natalie said...

I.cannot.imagine!

But congrats to E, and like Karin said, condolences to you. ;)

My neighbor's dd just started driving; he swears she was about Molly's age just a year or two ago.

(I don't want to think about it; where's my sand?)