Thursday, May 04, 2006

The light at the end of the tunnel

Well, we're finally starting to see an actual KITCHEN emerge from the dust! As I type, we have an installed slate floor, cabinets, a countertop, and a functioning faucet. The appliances have yet to be installed, but they're sitting in the middle of the kitchen, awaiting their turn. The painters have been here for three days, prepping the area for the eventual color (Benjamin Moore Camouflage). I've been told that by the end of next week, we'll have a fully functioning, if not 100% complete, kitchen. They should start the demo of the existing kitchen in a couple of weeks. The second phase of the project (the dining room and laundry room) shouldn't take nearly as long. I promise pictures when we get nearer to completion. I still worry, as silly as this sounds, that I won't like it. Isn't that dumb? I've never, ever, in my life, had such control over my house to this degree. I usually feel pretty good about my choices, and I do this time, too, but yikes, to spend over $200k and not have it turn out EXACTLY as I wanted it? That scares me to death!

But so far, so good.

3 comments:

karin said...

Oh, Laura ... I am thinking you're going to LOVE it! I can't wait for pictures .... I bet it will be breathtaking! Congrats on getting to this point!

Angela said...

Yeah! There's nothing like nearing the end of a project and seeing those results you've been waiting for. Nothing, except, completion that is!

Natalie said...

Any chance you'll have pictures? Sounds like it's almost ready to be GREAT!