Sunday, May 21, 2006

Guess where I am right now?!.....

Yup - sittin' in my NEW kitchen! We moved most of our stuff into it yesterday. Painting still needs to be done, so I'll post a pic when that's done. The painters will be here this coming week to finish up, then probably the next week they'll start demolition of the old kitchen. How many people get to boast that they have TWO functioning kitchens, I ask? If I have my way this week, I will never cook ANYTHING EVER AGAIN in the old one.

For my first meal this morning, I proceded to absolutely incinerate a couple of eggs on my Thermador gas cooktop. I am just so not used to cooking with gas, and I had the flame up too high. Oh well, lesson learned, and truthfully, the eggs didn't taste all that bad. I have an instant hot/cold water dispenser by my sink, which is heaven for making tea in the morning. TWO dishwahers (hubby's over-extravagent, in my opinion, requirement), a monster-size fridge and a double wall oven. I may never leave this room again.....

The yuck part of the whole moving experience was going through all the cabinets and drawers in the old kitchen, many of which have not been thoroughly explored since shortly after we moved in 7 years ago. Simply gross. We filled many, many trash bags. And the best part... I have numerous empty drawers and cabinets in the new kitchen! Room to spare! It'll probably take about a week for me to absentmindedly stuff 'stuff' in them.

But for now, life is good. I promise a pic soon!

3 comments:

karin said...

yahhhhhooooooooooo!!!!! :-D

I am so excited for you, and so greeeeeen with envy! Can't wait to see pictures .... post, post, post! (please .....) ;)

Francine said...

WOOOOOOHOOOO Laura! Oh, Im jealous!

I wanna see pics!

Angela said...

Congratulations on your new space, Laura!