Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Girl

My very own Divine Miss M turns 9 years old today. At precisely 8:12 pm, to be exact. Even though I have an 18 year old son, somehow it's different when the youngest start to approach the higher numbers. Not that nine is a high number in the scheme of things, mind you, but still, it seems like a lot for the time that has flown by. I thought that, in honor of her majesty's big day, I would jot down some of my observations, in no particular order:

M, you are:
  • Smart as a whip
  • Great at math (I like to think she got that from me)
  • Curious
  • Creative
  • Strong
  • Confident
  • Brave (girlfriend rode the Tower of Terror at Disney MGM when she was barely 6!)
    • Loves roller coasters
  • Self-assertive
  • Giving, just not all the time
  • Helpful to other kids that need her
  • Absolutely beautiful
  • A book lover
  • So much like me sometimes that I am alternately fascinated and scared to death
  • A red belt in karate
  • Color blind as it pertains to people
  • A good and loyal friend
  • The owner of a great sense of humor
  • Going to be an amazing woman
And you are also:
  • Stubborn as a mule (see self-confident above)
  • A very picky eater
  • Mean to your little brother way too often
  • Turning into a teenager right before my eyes. It's too soon for that!
  • A whiner
  • Not one to pick up after yourself
  • Convinced beyond all reason that the world has to be FAIR
  • Apparently afraid of heights, which doesn't compute with your love of roller coasters
  • Going to need braces in the near future
All in all, a fascinating, often frustrating and exasperating combination. But one that I definitely think I can live with, and love to the end of my days.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE. I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

karin said...

YAHOOOOOO!!! Nine - yeaha! Happy Happy Day!
that list, oh that list seems so NORMAL for a 9 year old girl - LOVE IT! Happy Birhtday to you BOTH!