Sunday, October 02, 2005

I'm no Galloping Gourmet

Yesterday I finally got around to talking to a friend of mine who is a personal chef. Yep, that's right, someone that will cook food for my family. It just astounds me how many nights I'm not home due to rehearsal that I don't feed my family properly. My friend Lynn is a highly regarded personal chef in the area, and starting next Wednesday, she is going to provide two meals a week for us. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! For one thing, variety. She has a list of choices a mile long. We'll get to try new things that I would never dream of cooking. Another big reason is that I won't have to feel guilty about giving the kids a bowl of cereal or chicken nuggets for dinner. THAT won't win any good-mommying awards. They'll have a balanced dinner (well, that is IF they eat it). Lynn's going to bring 4 meals on Wednesday, that we'll have for two weeks on Mondays and Wednesdays; nights that I am running around all day and then have rehearsals in the evening.

I like to cook, but don't have a lot of time to do so, and I absolutely despise always having to think about what we're going to eat. Really. I wake up in the morning and think, "hmmm, what will we have for dinner tonight?" - when I haven't even eaten breakfast yet! I just get tired of it, and sometimes just say #(%# it, let's have pizza or chinese. Blech.

So bring on the bourbon brown sugar flank steak with garlic chive mashed potatoes.... I'm so ready for it.

1 comment:

Francine said...

Oh, coolness. What a neat, convenient, healthy luxury. Good for you!