Sunday, October 30, 2005

Long time, no see


Sorry, I've gotten so wrapped up in stuff, I've totally dissed my blog! Anyway, lots of goings-on in the past couple of weeks. My wonderful kitty, Mozart, had to be declawed. He is absolutely destroying our furniture, and hubby pretty much gave me an ultimatum: either get him declawed or get rid of him. When I asked our vet about it, she said "my three cats are all declawed". Plus, the procedure is now done with laser, so it's much less traumatic for the kitty. Mozart came home without any bandages on his feet. Since he's a bit older, it's taken him longer to get back to normal, but he's fine now; eating normally and back to his lovable self.

Our big news is that we're finally going to do the big kitchen renovation we've been wanting to do for a while now. We're going to move our kitchen; it's now in the center of the house (a rancher) and we're moving it to the side of the house, next to the entrance from the garage. We found a kitchen planner we like, who also is a design/build guy, and he drew up some plans that we really liked. I'm going to have one big, honkin' kitchen! We heard from the bank that we're being approved for the financing, so it looks like we're really going to do it. Exciting, but kind of scary at the same time. This is NOT going to be cheap. Along with moving the kitchen comes changing the dining room, and converting part of the existing kitchen to a bigger laundry room and adding a shower to the half bath. My current laundry room is more appropriately called a "laundry hallway". I can't do any sorting or folding there now since there's just no room. So a bigger one has always been a wish of mine.

Hopefully, in about 3 months, we'll have a new kitchen! Just in time for our big Super Bowl party!

No comments: