Saturday, February 25, 2006

Cookies, cookies, everywhere

M is a first-year Brownie Girl Scout this year. She was a Daisy last year, but ----

Daisies DON"T sell cookies.

This year, her troop of 11 1st graders sold more cookies than any other Girl Scout troop, of any level, in our local service unit of about 12 troops. Since I'm the troop's cookie mom, I had to organize all the orders and pick up the cookies yesterday. Well, actually Rich and I had to pick them up, and we needed a big truck (including a lift-gate) to do it. Our little girls sold 166 cases (or 1992 boxes) of cookies! That's a LOT of thin mints, samoas, do-si-dos, tagalongs, etc. And they're all in my front yard, in the truck, right now. (I take that back - 4 thin mints, 2 tagalongs, and 1 do-si-do are in my tummy by now ;)

If my neighbors only knew of the prized stash sitting in my yard......

Today I've got to sort all those boxes to give to the girls. That should help work off the ones I ate yesterday. My diet doesn't work real well if I'm pushing cookies into my face..... surprise, surprise.

Oh, and I'll post an update on our runaway as soon as I know what she's doing. She still says she's running away to the back yard, but L is so upset about that that she might reconsider. Or at least take him with her.

4 comments:

karin said...

Oh, Laura - if I lived nearby there would be 3 redheads scoffing some serious cookies right now ...;o) I cannot believe that they sold that many ...rock on!!! Did they win something for that, I hope?!

And the runaway was sticking with her plan, eh? Pictures, please ..... :O)

Francine said...

Oh, I love, love, LOVE girl scout cookies. Angela sent me some last year (thin mints). They lasted, oh, 30 minutes in our house :).

LOL at M's runaway story :)

Sue said...

Fransie, send me your address, and I'll happily send some cookies to you! We have lots of extras!

Natalie said...

Yum! And wow, what a lot of cookies. My tummy would be happy just to be in the proximity of so many good tasties. Congrats to the girls for selling so many!