Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl 2006

The big party was yesterday. (Oh yeah, and there was a football game, too). Since the Redskins weren't playing, I really didn't care who won, but I suppose I had a small preference for the underdog Seahawks to win. But since I think I watched about 5 minutes total of the game, I couldn't tell you anything other than the final score.

We had close to 15o people at the party this year; a good-size turnout. Waay too much food, as usual, and this year marked the return of an overload of tortilla chips. For some reason, we didn't have ANY tortilla chips, this year, just about every other dish brought to the party involved them in some way. Now, I love Tostitos as much as anyone, but, sheesh, a little variety would have been nice. Okay, 'nuff about the stupid chips. I think everyone had a good time; we had about 20,000 (or so it seemed) children running through the house (because they could care less about the game going on in the tent outside - Xbox was what they were after). But for the most part, all of them were well behaved, nothing seems to have been broken or stolen, and they made sure that there we no leftover cookies. Late last night and this morning, hubby and I were picking up, cleaning up, that sort of thing. The tent comes down tomorrow, the floor hopefully a few days after that.

And next year, we'll do it all again. But next year, GO SKINS!!!!!!!

No comments: