Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Woohoo!


I just got word that my flute choir, "Flutes on the Brink" has been invited to perform at the National Flute Association Convention this summer in Pittsburgh. As geeky as that sounds, trust me, it's a big deal. Over 3000 flutists attend this convention. Not that all of them will hear us, because we are a very small item in a very full convention agenda. But since the choir is only 4 years old and has never done anything of this magnitude, we're very thrilled. We'll be playing a lunchtime concert on Sunday, August 13. Now we have to decide what we're playing, etc; we have to turn in our program by the end of March.

This is really cool!

2 comments:

karin said...

very very cool!! :O) HI Laura!

And I would love to read about your life .... I saw your comment on my blog, and came right over here ... I remembered the last entry you had with the kids in Halloween costumes, and had checked in a few times ... I am so excited that you began again ....can I link ya? ;o)

'Grats on the flute weekend, and the invite to do so ... woohoo! is right!

Have fun with the blog ... I am loving mine! :o)

Sue said...

Karin, I would be proud to be linked by you! Glad you're enjoying my oh-so-infrequest blurbs. I've really enjoyed yours.