Monday, February 27, 2006

She Stayed

The Divine Miss M decided that she was just too busy this weekend to run away. "Maybe another time", she said.

On another note, both M & L have discovered this website www.creationsbyyou.com.
This is a site where the kids can author and illustrate their own book, and then get it "published" (actually bound and printed). A friend of mine's daughter has one of these books, and they turned out really neat. This is so up M's alley; she has done nothing else since Saturday when she first found out about it. She loves to write and draw. L is giving it a go, too, and I'm actually rather impressed with what he's coming up with. His first title is "Max and the Magic Car". I don't know what the inspiration for this is, and I hope it's not already taken, but I think it's kind of neat.

Some of you may remember M's Spongebob drawing - a while back she did this totally from memory and it just blew us away:



So I think we have an artist in the family! Well, at least until she runs away......

2 comments:

karin said...

oh gosh, that site looks terrific! I love the name of the book too, and the pictures, as I said before are wonderful! I agree, an artist for sure ... even if she runs away! I cannot believe she stayed .... I was sure she was sticking to that plan with all the persistence early on. Glad she did though, you'd miss her. ;o)

Natalie said...

I remember that picture! Reminds me that I should scan in the picture my Molly drew of Beast (of Maggie and the Ferocious Beast fame).

I'll have to check out that site; James has already "authored and illustrated" five books. :D

I'm LOL at the running away thing; I once told my mom that I was running away. She offered to drive me! Unfortunately, I'd packed my suitcase full of books, and I couldn't manage to get it out of my room.